Each Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel employee is a respected member of our firm. We promote a positive and challenging work environment, encouraging our employees to grow and learn within and beyond their positions. We offer a collegial atmosphere that is enhanced by "spotlight recognition awards", monthly “cake day” celebrations (featuring homemade treats), quarterly staff luncheons, as well as our holiday luncheon and staff appreciation day.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes 401(k), medical, dental, life insurance, wellness incentives, paid parking, vacation, and holidays. Salary is commensurate with ability and experience.
Chambliss has an opening for the following position:
Provides leadership, management and vision to ensure that the firm has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people systems in place to effectively grow the firm and ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. Overall responsibility for all non-legal firm business operations required of a growth oriented law firm including supervising all non-attorney administrative management personnel; evaluating and managing operating and information systems; overseeing finance functions; and evaluating, managing and supervising the facilities. Reports to the Firm’s Managing Shareholder / President and Executive Committee (EC) and collaborates with the EC in strategic and tactical planning for the firm. Meets with the President and EC on a regular, periodic basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of 5 years law firm management or professional services management experience required
- Baccalaureate degree in Management, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field preferred
- Advanced degree in related field and professional certification such as a CPA or CLA preferred
- Strong leadership and consensus building skills; management and strategic planning experience
- Strong communication and negotiation skills required in order to maintain effective relationships with attorneys, clients, vendors and staff in person or by phone; to manage staff, facilitate individual and group meetings dealing with law office operations
- Must be able to operate comfortably across a broad spectrum of responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Legal Financial Management and Analysis applications
- Thorough knowledge of administration and finance; strong financial and business background
- Working knowledge of human resources, information technology, risk management, professional liability management, administrative operations and marketing
- Demonstrated knowledge of changes/trends in the legal or professional services industry
- Proven ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems and to recommend and effectively implement solutions
- Ability and willingness to make decisions exhibiting sound and accurate judgment
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with time constraints, interruptions, and stressed attorneys and staff
- Work often requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
Qualified candidates may submit cover letter, resume and salary history/requirements to:
Human Resources Director
Chambliss, Bahner and Stophel, P.C.
605 Chestnut Street, Suite 1700
Chattanooga, TN, 37450
or Fax 423-508-1300