Alix C. Michel
Alix Michel is a member of the firm's litigation section, focusing his practice on general insurance defense, product liability defense, professional malpractice defense, personal injury, defense of investigations initiated by health related boards, general litigation, hospital liability, arbitration and long term care defense. He has an active trial practice and presents frequently on the legal issues surrounding Prescription Drug Diversion.
Mr. Michel is also a former adjunct professor at the University of Miami School of Law's Litigation Skills Program.
- Defense Verdict – Alleged wrongful death of an infant
- Defense Verdict – Alleged failure to properly perform hip replacement surgery
- Defense Verdict – Alleged failure to timely diagnose ovarian cancer
- Defense Verdict – Alleged failure to properly perform hernia repair surgery
- Defense Verdict - Alleged failure to properly perform surgery on large toe
- Defense Verdict - Alleged wrongful death
- Defense Verdict - Alleged failure to properly diagnose resulting in death
- Defense Verdict - Alleged failure to prevent suicide
- Court TV - Alleged lack of consent to organ donation
- Directed Verdict - Alleged wrongful death of an infant
- Summary Judgment - Alleged violation of EMTALA.
In 2011, Mr. Michel has presented extensively on the "Legal Issues of Prescription Drug Diversion: Signs, Effects and Strategies" to all types of healthcare providers including:
- Tennessee Pharmacist's Association and the UT College of Pharmacy (in Nashville via live presentation)
- The Tennessee Medical Association (statewide via webinar)
- The Chattanooga/Hamilton Cty. Medical Society (via live presentation)
- The Cleveland MGMA (in Chattanooga via live presentation)
- The Chattanooga MGMA (via live presentation)
- Ophthalmologists in Chattanooga (via live presentation)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN (via live meeting).
His presentations in the past include:
- "Medicine and the Law: Practice Pointers," The Chattanooga and Hamilton County Medical Society and Medical Foundation of Chattanooga’s Annual Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine, 2011
- "Enforcement of ADR in Nursing Home Cases," International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Annual Meeting, 2007.
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Street Law Corporate Diversity Pipeline Program, 2008 and 2011
- Tennessee Bar Association