Michael J. Stewart
Michael Stewart practices in the areas of real estate, property, land use and general business law. Mr. Stewart serves on the firm's recruiting committee and serves as the attorney for the Town of Walden, Tennessee. He is the President of the Chattanooga Area Soap Box Derby and a 2006 graduate of Leadership Chattanooga.
- Represented sellers, purchasers, and lenders in transactions involving multi-family apartments, shopping centers, and general office facilities
- Assisted numerous developers with the preparation of restrictive covenants and ancillary documents relating to the development of single-family communities and condominium regimes
- Taught legal seminars and conducted in-house presentations for clients relating to commercial transactions, leases, and mixed-use developments.
- American Bar Association
- CCIM, Southeast Tennessee Chapter
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- National Multi Housing Council
- Re:Start - The Center for Adult Chattanooga, past Board Member
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Mid-South Rising Stars, Real Estate
- Leadership Chattanooga, 2006 Class
- Comments Editor, Tennessee Law Review
- Hunton & Williams Third-Year Comment Award
- Jerry J. Phillips Writing Award
- Growth and its Implication: An Evaluation of Tennessee Management Act, Tennessee Law Review, 67 Tenn. L. Rev. 983.