William H. Pickering
Bill Pickering concentrates his practice in the areas of labor and employment law and litigation. He regularly advises and represents management in all areas of employment law, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, affirmative action, retaliatory discharge, and individual employee rights issues. He has successfully defended numerous employment-related lawsuits as well as administrative charges of discrimination filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Tennessee Human Rights Commission.
Mr. Pickering was named to the 2013, 2012 and 2011 BTI Client Service All-Star Team for his commitment to exceptional client service. Mr. Pickering was recognized by BTI for his work in complex litigation. Bill Pickering was one of only six three-year MVP lawyers named in the country. All-Stars are nominated exclusively by corporate counsel with Fortune 1000 companies and other large corporations.
Mr. Pickering serves as City Attorney for Lookout Mountain, Georgia.
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law and Litigation Sections
- Chattanooga Bar Association, past President
- Grace Episcopal Church, former Vestry Member and Senior Warden
- Lookout Mountain Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tennessee Bar Association
- BTI Client Service All-Stars in Complex Litigation, The BTI Consulting Group, 2011-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America, Labor Law-Management, Employment Law-Management, and Labor & Employment Litigation
- Vanderbilt Law Review, Associate Editor
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Fellow, Chattanooga and Tennessee Bar Foundations