William P. Aiken
Bill Aiken is a member of the firm's business section and focuses his practice in the areas of corporate and securities law, commercial contracts and business transactions, automotive law, mergers and acquisitions, and health care.
Mr. Aiken represents clients from a variety of business sectors, including manufacturing, distribution, real estate, sales/marketing, and health care, and advises them on a number of business matters, including contract negotiations, organization and planning, corporate governance, equity and debt financing, and purchases and sales of stock and assets.
Mr. Aiken was named to the 2013 and 2012 BTI Client Service All-Star Team for his commitment to exceptional client service. Mr. Aiken was recognized by BTI for his work in business. All-Stars are nominated exclusively by corporate counsel with Fortune 1000 companies and other large corporations.
- Represented several companies in negotiating construction and supply contracts in excess of $250 million
- Represented Seller in $90 million asset sale of communications company
- Represented investment entities in their organization and raising of capital
- Represented physician groups in connection with practice acquisitions and other business ventures and contracts with hospitals and providers
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Committee on Negotiated Acquisitions; Health Care Law Section
- Tennessee Bar Association, Business and Health Law Sections; Joint Opinion Committee of the Sections of Real Estate and Business Law, 2009-2011
- Original Equipment Suppliers Association
- Transportation Intermediaries Association, Member
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Haitian School Project
- German American Chambers of Commerce, Tennessee Chapter
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Chattanooga, Board of Directors
- Chattanooga Community Kitchen, Fast Day Campaign Co-Chair
- Baylor School, past Trustee and Alumni Board President
- Chattanooga-Hamilton County Bicentennial Library Board, past Chairman
- University of North Carolina, past Board of Visitors
- Vanderbilt Law Alumni, past Board Member
- BTI Client Service All-Stars in Business, The BTI Consulting Group, 2012-2013
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate
- Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, Health Care Law, and Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Best Lawyers in America 2009 and 2013 "Chattanooga Corporate Lawyer of the Year"
- Best Lawyers in America 2011 "Chattanooga Health Care Lawyer of the Year"
- Vanderbilt Law Review, Editor
- Fellow, American, Chattanooga and Tennessee Bar Foundations
- Law Clerk to Hon. Frank Gray, Jr., Chief Judge, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee (1975-1976)
- Man & Youth Award, Boys & Girls Clubs of Chattanooga, 2009
- Morehead-Cain Scholar - University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Patrick Wilson Scholar - Vanderbilt University