William R. Hannah
Bill Hannah is a member of the firm's Litigation and Risk Management and Labor and Employment Law Groups. He represents parties in litigation in the areas of commercial and business disputes, product liability, personal injury, employment, insurance, construction, and transportation.
Mr. Hannah handles a wide variety of civil litigation at both the trial and appellate levels and regularly represents clients in both state and federal court, as well as in mediations and arbitrations, and before administrative boards and regulatory entities.
Mr. Hannah advises and represents insurance carriers and insureds in policy interpretation matters, coverage and claims disputes, subrogation matters, and bad faith litigation. He has been retained by and has served as approved or panel counsel for insurance carriers in the defense of insureds under a variety of insurance coverages, including Auto, HO, CGL, Workers' Compensation, OIC, EPLI, D&O, and E&O policies.
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Labor & Employment Section
- American Inns of Court, Brock-Cooper Chapter (Past Secretary, Member - Executive Committee)
- Chattanooga Bar Association, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee (Past Chair)
- Defense Research Institute, Employment Law Committee (Member)
- Federal Bar Association
- Lookout Mountain Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tennessee Bar Association, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee (Member and Past Chair); Ethics and Professional Responsibility Committee (Member); Litigation Section; Appellate Law Section
- Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility, Hearing Committee Member (2003 - 2009)
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- The Mississippi Bar
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- United Way of Greater Chattanooga, Allocation Panel (2011, 2012)
- Albert L. Hodge Volunteer Award, Chattanooga Bar Association, 2007
- Leadership Law Class, Tennessee Bar Association, 2008