Elder Law & Special Needs
Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel elder law attorneys assist seniors, caregivers and family members with elder law matters, in addition to traditional estate planning matters, including:
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Qualification for Medicaid and other benefits for couples and individuals
- Assistance with Veterans Administration benefit planning for the elderly
- Preparation and review of life-care contracts
- Qualified Income or Miller Trusts
- Special needs and supplemental needs trusts.
Our attorneys include members of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Elder Law Answers, and a Certified Elder Law Specialist by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization. Our elder law attorneys frequently present seminars and educational sessions on elder law issues before senior care groups and non-profit organizations.
As a member of the Academy of Special Needs Planners, we are able to stay abreast of legal developments, the latest techniques in planning, as well as community resources available for individuals with special needs. We understand the challenges special needs individuals and families face, and we are prepared to work with you to plan for the future.