Corporate Health Law
Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel’s Health Care Law attorneys provide guidance to leading health care participants throughout Tennessee and the Southeast. Our clients include:
- Physicians and other medical groups
- Physician practice management companies
- Outpatient diagnostic centers
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Faculty practice plans
- Home health providers and hospices
- Medical equipment suppliers
- Nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Some of the specific areas in which we provide counsel include:
- Acquisitions and restructuring involving physician practices, hospitals, and other health care entities
- Analyzing noncompete and non-solicitation restrictions
- Certificate of need statutes and regulations
- Compliance plans
- Contract and business ventures between physicians and hospitals
- Governmental and private investigations
- HIPAA and other patient confidentiality laws
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Managed care contracts
- Organization of physician and professional health care entities
- Regulatory matters including fraud and abuse, Stark, and the False Claims Act
- Unwinding physician and hospital relationships
- Medicare and Other Payor Audits.
In addition to counseling our health care clients on business and regulatory issues, we are able to assist when claims or lawsuits are filed against them in both the professional and commercial settings.
Our health care lawyers include medical malpractice litigators who have handled numerous defense cases before state and federal courts. We also assist professionals involved in credentialing matters, medical staff disputes, and matters reportable to the national health care practitioner data bank.
Our health care attorneys are actively involved in many industry and professional groups such as American Health Lawyers Association, Defense Research Institute, and the Health Law Section of the American Bar Association. Many are included in The Best Lawyers in America, and are regular presenters on health care topics.