Antitrust, Product Distribution & Franchise Law
Antitrust. We represent clients in connection with federal and state antitrust matters, such as:
- Agreements and programs affecting resale prices, such as minimum advertised price programs
- Price discrimination issues
- Relationships between competitors
- Territorial restraints
- Monopolization issues
- The FTC/DOJ merger review process, including Hart-Scott-Rodino Act filings and compliance.
Product Distribution. In addition to antitrust counseling, we advise clients on issues related to distribution arrangements regionally throughout the Southeast, nationally and internationally. The group prepares distribution and licensing agreements for such arrangements, and advises clients on matters such as permissible marketing practices, compliance with consumer protection laws, and distributor/dealer termination situations. Through the resources of Meritas, we provide access to counseling on laws affecting distribution throughout the United States and the world.
Franchise Law. Our franchise law services include:
- Business opportunity law compliance
- Franchise definition and exemption issues—i.e., "Is this business a franchise?"
- Franchise termination issues
- FTC Franchise Rule compliance
- State franchise law registration and compliance
- UFOC preparation and maintenance.